With the Premier League season almost at an end, Chelsea’s focus must start shifting towards how they can mount a serious title challenge next season.
While Frank Lampard’s first season in charge of the West Londoners can largely be viewed as a success, there are plenty of areas where his side can be strengthened.
The Blues boss has so far had little opportunity to really stamp his authority on the squad in the transfer market, after the transfer ban imposed by Fifa last year prevented the club from making any additions last summer.
But Chelsea fans will be buoyed by the recent big-money signings of tricky Ajax winger Hakim Ziyech and the prolific Timo Werner from RB Leipzig.
Following the Blues’ defensive frailties this season, which has already seen them concede the most goals (49) since their 1996-1997 campaign (55), tightening up at the back must now be a priority for Lampard.
Here, we look at five signings that could help him do just that…Start slideshow
- The Playmaker’s Premier League team of the 19/20 season
- Five players Chelsea must sign to challenge for the Premier League title
- Five things we learned on the Premier League’s return to action
- Tactical Analysis: How can Aston Villa get the better of Sheffield United?
- How would Jadon Sancho fit into the Manchester City team?
/ 3 years ago
For the first time in over five years, an English team could be in...
/ 3 years ago
Young adult football fans are being forced to stay away from attending matches due...